are for women and girls who have a curious nature!
See the four wonderful options available below.
- Have fun with Family! Take your mom, dad, or an adult mentor outside! Learn the basics of camping, how to set up a tent, cook over a camp stove, and make s’mores. These adventures are designed for girls age 10 and up, and an adult age 21+. This course is open to family members, mentors, teachers, nanny, etc.
- Welcome to the Backyard Campout! Celebrate independence and discovery with other girls that are equally as enthusiastic about trying something new! You can expect your adventure to be fun and a little bit challenging. You will get to do something special with someone you look up to. And you will learn something about yourself through the exciting experience of hiking/discovering new skills outside.
- Who Else is Going to Be On My Adventure? Other girls with their families, foster parents, mentors, teachers, nannies, etc. What Will I Do on This Adventure? You will hike challenging trails, view breathtaking vistas, visit an Indian Village and learn the basics of camp life!
- Where Are We Going? The overnight will take place in Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area. We’ll meet at 9am at our campsite; directions will be posted at the front gate. We’ll finish by noon the next day.
The Daughter-Parent Backyard Campout Program is subject to availability. Please inquire.
- Head out into the wilds with just the essentials on your back! When you just can’t get away for a full week…this trip will not only energize you but allow you to experience your deeply personal connection to yourself and the life all around you.
- We meet up early Saturday morning and hike to our base camp. Day 2 is spent exploring different trails. Day 3 we pack up camp and head back to the trail head for the ride home.
- Throughout the trip you’ll learn backpacking basics like map reading and camp selection. With possible activities such as: personal visioning, writing, artistic expressions, sensory awareness and learning the story of the land. In the evenings we’ll relax and process the day’s events.
- There will be opportunity to share insights from the day or just listen to other’s experiences.
The 3 Day Backpacking Trip Program is subject to availability. Please inquire.
- Welcome to the Sunday Hike Series!
- All hikes will meet at 10am and go to approximately 2 or 3pm….. and we go rain or shine!!
- Let’s explore some of southern Ontario’s great trails.
- We’ll be covering the basics of what to bring with you for a day hike; map/compass reading and so much more!
- Please be dressed for the weather! Bring along a lunch, snacks, plenty of water, your curiosity and humour!
- Offered in the Spring and Fall.
- Includes: 6 ‘day hikes’
The Hiking Wild Places Program is subject to availability. Please inquire.
- Many things can happen in the wilderness and being prepared is the most important skill you can have in these situations. This course will give you an overview of how to deal with the more common occurrences, allowing you to push your limits and achieve goals you never thought you could.
- This Program consists of 2 full days, 10am – 4pm, with one “classroom” day followed by a “field practical” in a nearby woodlot.
- This course covers the top 20 mishaps and resulting treatment in the backcountry, where 911 could take hours or days to get there!
- Also covered is construction of wilderness medical kits, and evacuation procedures-techniques.
- Included: Course manual, Basic Wilderness First-Aid Certificate and CPR Adult AED Certification through the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
The Wilderness Crisis Management and CPR Program is subject to availability. Please inquire.